Do you feel lifeless, depressed, washed up, forgotten? Don’t!!! If you are a born again believer, Jesus Christ Spirit is alive and active within you.
You have not been forgotten! You are not a failure! You have not been put on a shelf to collect dust and watch everyone else flourish! Wake up! Remind yourself of His TRUTH!!! You are alive in Christ!!! Don’t let guilt, disappointments, failures, or any type of stronghold keep you down. Awaken His Spirit within you! You are alive in Christ Jesus!
My Dad is staying with me while his wife recovers from some broken bones. Late one morning, I went up to check on him and found him lying on his bed. I asked him if he was tired and sadly he said, “No, I’m just lying here trying to pass some time away.” I encouraged him to get up and work on his email. He gave me an excuse why but I didn’t listen. Instead, I pulled him up, hugged him, and reminded him he was loved. We put some of his favorite Southern Gospel Music on and he went to work on his email. It wasn’t long before his spirit was lifted and I could hear him singing with a voice of praise.
Don’t lye idle letting precious time pass away. Wake up and let Christ shine His grace and blessings in and through you. Consider these six ways to awaken your life and Christ’s Spirit within you:
1. Pull your self up and get moving! Get up and remind yourself that you are NOT dead and that Christ is alive within you! Speak LIFE into yourself and others…not death! “Death and life are in the power of the tongue, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” Prov.18:21
2. Proclaim His Word! Read it out loud and let His Word awaken you!!! “My son, pay attention to what I say; listen closely to my words. Do not let them out of your sight, keep them within your heart; for they are life to those who find them and health to a man’s whole body.” Prov.4:22-22
3. Pray! “Is anyone of you in trouble? He should pray!” James 5:13 Pray, speak to the One who knows you best and loves you most. Cry out to Him and let him awaken you to His Truth!
4. Praise Him with some of your favorite worship music. Let the words and the tune inspire His Truth within you. “Sing to the LORD! Give praise to the LORD! He rescues the life of the needy from the hands of the wicked.” Jer.20:13
5. Put your mind to a task. Find one thing to put your energy into. Don’t get overwhelmed with a long extended list. Instead choose one thing. One task at a time leads to great accomplishment and reward. “From the fruit of his lips a man is filled with good things as surely as the work of his hands rewards him.” Prov. 12:14
6. Participate. Get involved in life! Join a Bible Study Group, work with a mission, get together with friends, or go for a walk. Be and stay active!
If you don’t know my living God than receive Him today, invite Him to be Lord over your life—to live and breath in you His very presence. His desire is to give you life abundantly…eternally.
You are welcome to reproduce this article as long as you include the following blurb:
Peggy Reeves is a speaker, writer and life coach. To find out more about Peggy please visit her website and blog at www.peggyreeves.com and http://embracinglifewithpeggy.blogspot.com